Oracle: Winners have a story / customer engagement
For Oracle Netherlands, maintaining a great reputation with its major customers and gaining insight into the actual ‘value for the customer’ is essential. Recording ‘lessons learned’ and ‘successes’ for each client in a customer story deepens the customer value for the sales staff. The customer’s story is told based on a story framework. This helped transform an abstract market into recognisable customer personas. Using customer stories in storytelling workshops helped internal staff see their customers in a much more human light.
Storytelling boosts trust and engagement
Storytelling People International uses the power of storytelling to build and maintain trust and engagement, and to develop and nurture a culture of trust and sharing.
Trust is the firm belief in the reliability, integrity or abilities of someone or something. Trust in an organisation is built upon interaction. The focus here is mainly on the trust that everyone is doing what has been agreed upon. However, in highly dynamic organisations that face an overabundance of “creative crises” or new situations, this kind of functional trust is often not enough. This is because the nature of the company makes it impossible for employees to rely on standard procedures. They need to trust others to “catch them when they fall.”
We need to be up close and personal to develop this kind of trust. We need to develop trust at a deeper level. If you engage in dialogue, you can actually talk about your fears, your doubts, and your feelings of uncertainty. If handled correctly, this helps to build trust.
You need to pursue trust-building rather than only team-building. You need to develop a culture of trust and sharing. Use the power of storytelling to build and maintain trust. Our storytelling programmes helps you do that.
Oracle’s culture of trust and sharing
“Oracle appreciates that it is important to cultivate an environment that is inclusive of all employees and that respecting differences enriches our organisation and contributes to our success. Integrating the diverse perspectives of our employees into every aspect of business is what our business is all about.”—Safra Catz, CEO, Oracle.
“Diversity and inclusion are part of the strategy that Oracle is using to build a world-class team.”Rich Geraffo, Senior Vice President, North America Technology Division, Oracle
A culture of trust and sharing is key, as reflected in the Oracle’s Core Values. These are the foundations of the company and are essential to Oracle’s business:
- Integrity: Oracle employees demonstrate honesty and sound ethical behaviour in all business transactions, as well as personal integrity in all dealings with others.
- Mutual Respect: Oracle employees consistently treat individuals with respect and dignity.
- Teamwork: Oracle employees work together as a team toward the collective interests of Oracle.
- Communication: Oracle employees share information effectively with one another. We balance the need to share information alongside the need for confidentiality regarding certain information.
- Innovation: Oracle employees seek innovative and creative approaches to problem-solving.
- Customer Satisfaction: Oracle employees consistently treat customer satisfaction as a top priority.
- Quality: Oracle employees make excellence and quality a part of day-to-day work processes and seek continuous improvement in all that they do.
- Fairness: Oracle employees commit to dealing fairly with customers, suppliers, partners, and one another.
- Compliance: Oracle employees comply with all laws, regulations, and Oracle policies that govern Oracle’s business and employees’ actions on behalf of the company.
- Ethics: Oracle employees observe the standards that have been established by Oracle and act ethically in their approach to business decisions.