The power of the storytelling instrument workshop: it is not about transmitting information but about involving and engaging others. The story is not imposed top-down but instead grows from the inside out. For example, the company story can be uncovered through a number of step-by-step storytelling questions, such as:
- What makes up the DNA of our organisation?
- What is the Golden Circle of our organisation?
- What factors have led to our current success?
- What is the reason for our existence?
- What drives us?
- What are our success stories?
- What is our vision on connecting people?
- What is our dream or bright spot on the horizon?
- What is our core story?
Storytelling narratives are effective in eight areas:
- Call to action > Motivating others to take action
- Communicating who you are > Personal stories encourage others to trust you
- Sharing values > Conveying your core values and beliefs
- Building trust > Strengthening your reputation > company story
- Increased collaboration > Ensuring that people work together more effectively
- Bolstering communication > Providing unity and meaning in the story
- Sharing knowledge > Improving knowledge development and sharing
- Creating a vision > Developing and sharing your vision with others